HAPPY NEW YEAR!
The new year is the time everyone reflects back on the year that was and starts planning and making promises on what they will do in the new year. Then tradition of new years resolutions gets played out millions of times with everyone looking to be happier, healthier and wealthier. This has led to many people making the best decisions they could ever make in regards to thier mental and physical health which is to give up an addiction such as smoking marijuana, smoking cigarettes or drinking too much even.
If you plan to do this or are thinking it is a wise move there are a few statistics you should know:
- 75% make it past the first week
- 71% make it past the second week
- 64% make it past the month mark
- Only 46% get past the 6 month mark and are then back to their old habits
This is not designed to scare you away from making a resolution though. While more than half to fail to keep a resolutions there are a numb er of things you can do to help yourself stay on the straight and narrow and achieve a lasting result.
- Never make a resolution on an impulse especially is you are drunk or high.
- Never make a resolution when you are in a negative frame of mind as a positive resolution is much more likely to succeed
- Make a realistic goal for what you want to do. If you make it too over the top and it is unachievable then you may as well not make it because you are set up to fail.
- PLAN YOUR GOAL! I cannot stress this enough. Make a plan to achieve what you want to do or your desires are just so much words on the wind.
- Plan for a setback. We are not perfect and sometimes our desires for a better life do become muddied and you may break your resolution. Do not give up though, make sure you have a plan to get right back on with your goal even if you break your resolution because the process is a journey not an on/off button.
So if you are planning your new years resolutions take note, plan, be positive and you will achieve an end to your impulsive addictive behaviors! If you require some help for this task here are some resources for you to use.
Quit Smoking Marijuana
Quit Smoking Cigarettes
Quit Pornography Addiction
Stop smoking NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) programs are fast becoming one of the most beneficial quit smoking programs. NLP is not always the entire solutions but it can be the major pillar of your attempts to give up smoking cigarettes amongst other methods ands techniques that you may use.
What is NLP
- Neuro Refers to the neural network that feed into the brain. Nerve cells otherwise known as neurons are the working bits used by the nervous system to send, receive, and store signals that become information.
- Linguistics refer to the content, both non-verbal and verbal, that moves through and across these pathways.
- Programming is the way the content or signal is manipulated to convert it into useful information. The brain may direct the signal, sequence it, change it based on our prior experience, or connect it to some other experience we have stored in our brain to convert it into thinking patterns and behaviors that are the essence of our experience of life.
If this is too complicated it basically means you can use language and communications to effectively reprogram your brain so you change your behaviors. In this case changing your behavior of wanting to smoke to not wanting to smoke!
How does NLP work?
This is a huge question and very difficult to answer succinctly. As best as it can be explained NLP is a way to communicate with other and in the case of stopping smoking communicating with yourself in a way that analyzes your perceptions of the world and your behaviors. You then use methods of speaking and acting that work like a mild self hypnosis (crudely put) that allows you to change your emotional associations with certain events like smoking cigarettes.
It is not magic, it is not really classed as a science but it is a result driven way of influencing your own thinking that is flexible, personal and works!
Can NLP work for me?
While the praise for the results of stop smoking NLP programs are there it is important to note a few other factors that need to be at work for this to be successful.
The first element may seem obvious but you must have a personal desire to stop smoking cigarettes. Sometimes smokers who are trying to quit are not doing it for their own personal reasons but perhaps because they feel they have to or they are being pressured to by friends and family. Grabbing every stop smoking aid in this case is not going to give great results because none of them are a silver bullet cure! You have to want it yourself for your own personal reasons or the resentment and your lingering love of smoking will just come back and bite you later on. This can be classified as internal and external prompts, for example:
- Internal Prompt: If you are totally aware of health risks of smoking and the reason to quit is because of this knowledge of self harm. Another example is knowing that the second hand smoke you produce is harmful to your family and you wish to end any chances of making them sick because you love them. All of these types of reasons are powerful and a stop smoking NLP program can certainly be of help. On another note, when you take action like this you will probably receive more support from your family and friends as you are taking a positive step rather than forcing a step from negativity.
- External Prompts A prime example of this is a constantly nagging spouse complaining about the smoker smells, costs of your habit or other such issues. These may be real reasons for quitting smoking, but the desire to stop smoking is often not nearly as potent which can make it harder for a smoker to quit. When the cravings for a cigarette hits which it always will those with external prompts to stop smoking cigarettes are more likely to smoke that cigarette because the cost of it will be the nagging spouse which may seem bearable in comparison while those with internal prompts will be more motivated by a sense of personal failure if they give in.
This is not to deny that an external push is not a legitimate and useful reason to quit smoking but it is not as strong a force as those who have a deep personal desire.
Now while those last items were not totally about NLP they do highlight the things needed for NLP to really work for you which is a desire to succeed and a willingness to be flexible and to change your ways from within.
If you want to know more about stop smoking NLP programs click below to visit one of the most popular and most successful NLP based programs on the net that can have you changing your ways to be healthier, wealthier and wiser.
Stop Smoking with NLP Today!
“A lung detox?” my friend Terry asked with a raised eyebrow and an air of skepticism.
“That’s right a lung detox, they have a detox for the liver and every other part of the body, why not the lungs?” I replied.
“Because, I don’t know, it just seems silly and I really don’t see how it can help me stop smoking. Wont being free of all that tar mean I can enjoy my cigarettes even more?”
I understand what Terry was trying to say, it seems ridiculous that cleaner lungs equates to quitting cigarettes but what he believed about enjoying cigarettes more is actually the exact opposite of what really happens!
People who have done a lung detox, apart from all the health benefits that it gives you, also report feeling repelled and disgusted by cigarette smoke as their body actually rejects the impurities that before it simply had to put up with because there was so much of it just lodged there in the lungs slowly choking it to death.
Not only this but by getting rid of that tar and gunk you also flush out remaining nicotine and impurities that make the cravings worse making a lung detox and amazing help in tackling the physical part of nicotine addiction giving you the time and energy to fight the psychological addiction most smokers have with cigarettes which requires willpower and introspection more than clean lungs.
So how does a lung detoxification program work? Basically through exercises of the body and specific lung exercises along with diet changes and a few almost unknown vitamins you can start breaking up the tar and flushing out the toxins and impurities through a rapidly accelerated natural cleansing process of the body.
If you would like to know more about a lung detox and how it can help stave off lung cancer, help your breathe easier and of course help you overcome your smoking problems click below to find out exactly how you can cleanse your lungs!
Have you ever wondered at the state of your lungs after your years of smoking? We all see the pictures of terrible diseased looking lungs and yet we continue to smoke until some spark sets your mind to quitting and even still we think about all the other aspects of quitting but not the health of our lungs it seems. Cleaning out your lungs may seem like the last thing on your mind (or not even there if you think it was not possible) but what if your attempt to quit smoking cigarettes and better lung health are entwined and rely on each other?
This is the case because cleaning out your lungs is not only good for your health but will actually make you not WANT to smoke again!
A quick fact: It takes the average long term smoker about 15 to 20 for their lungs to detoxify themselves and become relatively healthy which is a heck of a long time for you to be breathing through an organ choked with tar and noxious substances.
If you take active steps to detox and clean out your lungs then you can reduce that dramatically down to less than one year with the right culmination of lung exercises, diet changes, cardio exercise and knowing certain vitamins that actively work against the tar and toxins in your lungs.
How does this help me quit smoking though?
The advantage to having cleaner healthier lungs beyond the obvious benefits of being able to breathe easier and have les chance of lung cancer is that with a cleaner set of lungs your body is once again repelled by the toxins and irritants in cigarette smoke that it had become accustomed to. People who have cleaned out their lungs have described feeling sickened at the smell of cigarette smoke after a few months and never felt the urge to smoking again because to their body it was not enjoyable anymore.
For information on the exact methods to use in cleaning out your lungs and more on how it can help you overcome your addiction to cigarettes click below now!
Quitting smoking cigarettes can be a trial for many people be it their first attempt to stop smoking, a second time, a third or even more it is never easy. These 3 tips on quitting smoking cigarettes focus not just the everyday things that you need to do to not give in to the cravings but also the big picture to help you get over smoking for good by a change of mindset that is essential to stop smoking.
1. Dealing With Cravings
The first challenge confronted by men and women looking to quit smoking cigarettes is the cravings that hit when the body is demanding nicotine and also the psychological urge to smoke for its comforting action built up over years of smoking. While there are patches, gum and plenty of other aides that can help none of them will stop you smoking for good without the key facet of breaking any addiction which is WILLPOWER!
This does not mean that you just need superhuman willpower to sustain yourself through periods of intense withdrawals and cravings but without the belief that you can and will succeed it makes it all the harder. Apart from this there are some tricks to fighting cravings you can use when they hit which are usually simply ways to distract you until they pass. These cravings do not usually last longer than 10 minutes and are usually only 5 minutes long according to research so when you fee the tell tale withdrawal symptoms try doing one of these things:
- Immediately do something, clean up your desk, clean up the house … busy yourself instead of sitting there thinking about the nicotine cravings which only makes it worse.
- A mental trick that many use to great effect is to imagine a tennis match in your mind. Sounds silly right but the steady back and forth actually has an effect of calming and applying a steady beat for you to concentrate on … try it!
- Exercise, not a full workout but have a 5-10 minute light workout you can do at home or in an office even if you head is pounding or you feel nauseous doing something to get the body’s feel good chemicals pumping will help.
2. Making a Plan
The key to making the foundations of willpower work for you is by having a plan to quit smoking cigarettes for the short term and the long term. It is advised you should even write these down with your goals and aspirations so that they are firm and not changeable like goals you keep in your head that can ‘change’ when things get tough.
If you plan to quit cold turkey, set a date that you will quit and make that date the time you throw out all your smoking paraphernalia like lighters, any remaining cigarettes, tobacco, rollups or whatever! Even dry clean your clothes to get the smoking smell out of them to make a clean break.
If you plan to reduce your smoking over time makes sure you have a daily or weekly plan of how many cigarettes you are allowing yourself to smoke and do not break it! in fact write it down every time you have one and check it before you smoke another. Then every day or week reduce that amount until you have a date where you have no smoking days left and you quit for good!
Goals can only be achieved if we have them set down and monitored or they just become dreams and like dreams can slip away when we wake up.
3. Change of Mindset
Lastly to achieve these tips on quitting smoking you must have the binding that allows you to do accomplish them because you WANT to accomplish them. While you may believe you need to quit smoking now do you want to quit or do you feel regret or longing. Do you feel forced to do this or can you not wait to give up the habit?
This is the question that will ensure long term success and a healthier life as a non smoker rather than a quick foray into that world and a retreat back to smoking and nicotine addiction. You must change your mindset and believe all the great things that come from being smoke free and that when cravings hit you do not see the easy way out by smoking but only see this as a speed bump on your journey because your DESIRE to quit smoking is greater than your desire for instant relief!
If this is your goal and you want to end this unhealthy habit for yourself and your family click below to find out more methods and tips on quitting smoking that have helped thousands of people stop smoking cigarettes to be smoke free, healthy and breathing easy!